Monday, March 12, 2012

Don't think "Why I can't" - think "How can I?"

Ever come up with an idea for something and thought, "Oh, it can't be done.  I can't do it."

You think of a hundred ideas on why you can't do it.

But what would happen if you reversed your thinking and instead thought, "Oh, how can I do it?"

With this change in thinking, your mind quits thinking of excuses and comes up with a plan.  For years, I've met countless people who've been amazed that I could even stick it out enough to write a book.  They'd always say to me, "I had a book idea once."

"Great," I'd say back to them.  "Have you started it?"

They would then shake their heads and say, "Well, I wrote five . . . maybe six pages.  That's it."

When pressed on why they quit, they'd come up with a myriad of excuses: ranging from having no time to they just forgot about it.

Do you have an idea for a book (or an idea for anything else)?

Tomorrow morning, take a blank piece of paper and write down your idea at the top of the page.  Then, sit and brainstorm on how it can be accomplished.  This reversal of thinking that you can't do something to how you can accomplish it will work wonders.

Please let me know how it works out.  What are your success stories?

Ideas are great.  But without a plan to put them into action, they'll sit in the darkest recessess of your mind forever . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment