Thursday, April 5, 2012

Another side of making decisions

As a continuation of yesterday's post, I have to add that most people take too long on the easy decisions and not enough time on the ones that should matter.

When should I write that book?

When should I start exercising?

When should I ask her (or him) out on a date?

When should I start this business?

Most of the time, people who will go through life unsuccessfully will never answer these questions--or questions like it.  They'll procrastinate answering them.

Successful people look at these questions and pull the trigger quickly.  Is it going to be perfect?  No.  What if you get turned down?  Try again.

I've learned a lot about e-publishing these last two months.  There's a lot more work that goes into putting together an ebook than I had ever imagined.  But I'm glad I did.  I'm satisfied I pulled the trigger and did it.  Last night, I uploaded my new ebook onto the Amazon Kindle site and they said it could take around 12-24 hours to be seen on the site.

And when it does, I'll share the news with you.

Am I an expert in self-publishing now?  Hell no!  But I know a lot more now than I did two months ago.  And I have a lot more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment