Thursday, April 12, 2012

Can gaming help with story ideas?

Gaming can help with story ideas.

I stress the word can.

Don't rely solely on the game and how it progressed.  Make the story your own.  If you wish to use a setting similar to a game you experienced, then by all means use it as long as it doesn't have any copywrite or trademark hinged onto it.

Those of you who play role-playing games may suddenly experience a spark of inspiration when playing a game, and want to use it as a future novel.  This may work out, but be careful that each character acts like the character that they are.

Or you can do what I do and use the gaming as pure inspiration to write a compelling story.  I don't game very often, but even when I read a good fantasy (or horror or thriller) novel, it too can inspire me in more ways than a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment