Thursday, May 24, 2012

Why Gardner's quote is important to me

Yesterday, I posted rather lengthly quote from John Gardner's On Becoming a Novelist.

Why is that quote important to me?

My wife and I have been married for almost 15 years, and probably have known each other for 17 or more years.  And in all that time, she's heard about my writing and has fully supported it.  But wouldn't you think that after so many years and with me still not publishing any of my novels, that her support would wane.

Not a chance.  She's never ever failed to accept that writing is my calling and what I'm meant to do.  We always dream about what our lives will be like once my books start becoming published.  And she knows that it's a long process.  But as long as I keep plugging away and she knows I'm down in my office typing away, the dream and her loving support has never wavered.

That being said, I'm posting a video here which was taken by my sister-in-law Bobbi put together, while my wife battled an incredible fight with AML down in Rochester, MN.  It's a tribute and a cause for hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment