Friday, July 13, 2012

Happenings In The Outhouse 13-July-2012 / Even in the midst of living my dream, one can't ignore life

On Monday of this week, I completed chapters 31-33 of Beholder's Eye.  Now, I'm tackling chapters 34-36.  Chapters 34 and 36 are only three pages long and 35 is around six, so we'll see what they look like after my pen attacks them.

There is one thing I've learned--or re-learned, in other words--over the course of last week and this one: you can't ignore the mundane everyday tasks or even the tasks that are important that just shouldn't be put off.  These can be anything from balancing your checkbook to paying bills to even cleaning the house and exercising.  These last few weeks we've had a financial matter loom greatly along the horizon, which required me to devote my full attention to for an hour here and there before the train ran us over--I got it taken care of though, and therefore we're continuing to slowly chug along with our debt snowball.

So, the bottom line is this: for you writers (and other artists) out there, take a break and do the tasks that are required of you.  If you don't, they'll just sit and nag at the back of your mind, and you certainly can't be real productive in that state of mind.  I sure can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment