Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Who Is Your Favorite Horror Film Villian?

In honor of Halloween, I decided to take a little break from our normal talk and ask you who your favorite horror film villian is.  I'm sure I could stretch this on to include dozens upon dozens of baddies, but here are some of my favorite picks.

Keep in mind, I grew up in the late 70's and 80's, so mine may be different from yours.  If I grew up in the 50's, I might have Dracula, Wolfman, or the Mummy.

Which ones would you add to this list--an ever-growing list, mind you?


Personal favorite, of course, is Freddy Krueger.  This would be the Robert Englund version.  I haven't seen the new one yet.


A slasher favorite: Jason Voorhees of Friday the 13th.  I believe my all-time favorite is the very first movie, where Jason came out of the lake as a little boy in the end--sorry for the spoiler, but heck the movie came out like 30+ years ago!


Of course, Mike Myers of the Halloween movies.


Leatherface--inspired by the gruesome tales of a real life villian: Ed Gein


If you're talking about horror movies, you can't go without mentioning something by Stephen King.  Here is Pennywise from "It"


Pinhead from Clive Barker's Hellraiser.  The true master of baddie dialogue (I don't mean bad dialogue; I mean some fantastic prose that came across his lips).


You thought I forgot about the little evil doll called Chuckie, didn't you?

And, last but certainly far from the least, is the little boy named . . .


Damien.

Who are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment