Friday, January 18, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 18-Jan-2013 / Slight change of tactics

As you can see, I've been making progress towards finishing the 10 short stories for the month of January.  However, as the month is a little over half over, I've come to the realization that I probably won't finish all ten before the month ends.

I've contemplated what I should do: finish the 10 short stories sometime in February or stop at the end of January and start the story Guest of Honor on February 1st.

I'm going with the latter.

Although I'd love to get the short stories done, I also want to make the commitment to start and finish the new story--a novella, I'm sure (that's between 17,500 and 40K words).  Aside from a few new short stories I wrote last year, this will be the first story I've written in 7-8 years.  What have I been doing in all that time, you may ask?  Editing my five completd novels, which is a long and demanding process, but one that I love to tackle.

One, of course, is done and queries to literary agents are being sent out.

No comments:

Post a Comment