Friday, July 19, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 19-Jul-2013 / Podcast hiatus

It wasn't until recently that I realized just how many podcasts I listen to--that number near the 20 mark.  Some I just started listening to in the past month or so while others I've been listening to for the past few years.  Some I download from the computer and put on my MP3 player (no, I do not own an iPod and I'm okay with that), and others I listen to on the Stitcher app on my android phone.

And now I'm about to say goodbye to several of them.  It may be a short period of time, but right now I have so much on my plate that I find I cannot fit the time for all of them.  Instead of listening to podcasts in the car, I spend my daily drive to work and brainstorm stories.  The same with chores, like washing dishes or mowing the lawn.

I need a break.

Because I also realized many of the podcasts weren't helping me on my writing.  A few I will still listen to on a regular basis, and that number is around a half-dozen.

I'm working on the finalized edits for Beholder's Eye.  I also am still working on the hard edits for a horror novel I wrote years ago.

I'm also participating in the Write About Dragons.com 2013 summer lecture series by Brandon Sanderson--this is the main reason I'm holding back on the podcasts, for I want to learn a lot from this master of the storytelling craft.

My ebook Guest of Honor is available on the Amazon Kindle store.  For the price of a cheap cup of coffee, you can buy and enjoy my book.  It also has a short story and a chapter excerpt too for Beholder's Eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment