Monday, September 9, 2013

10 Rules Of Writing

Last week, I posted about so much writing advice can bog one down, almost to the point where you don't know where to start.

Here are my 10 rules of writing:

1) Write

2) Edit

3) Submit/Publish

4) Write more

5) Edit

6) Submit/Publish

7) Again, let's write

8) Edit

9) Submit/Publish

10) Take rejected stories and submit again

Tongue-in-cheek, one can go a long way following this advice.  I could just break it down into three:

1) Write

2) Send that writing out (either submit to a traditional market or self-publish)

3) Don't quit

Oh, and I'll add this as well: do it today.  Not tomorrow.  Today.  The world needs your art.  Badly.

My favorite writing advice is simple:

1) Read a lot

2) Write a lot

Get it done today.

No comments:

Post a Comment