Friday, December 13, 2013

Happenings In The Outhouse 13-Dec-2013 / Another 2013 goal accomplished

I counted up 18 separate goals for 2013.  I accomplished 13 of them.  Some goals were "pie in the sky" and due to time/money constraints they were not even touched.  Others weren't either--these I will keep with myself.

But I completed the 13th one a few days ago: I submitted to the Writers of the Future contest--it's a quarterly contest and I sent something off all four quarters.  I didn't place or even get past the first round on each one.  I don't mind.  It's the act of submitting that has made it worth while.  The competition is stiff, and I'm determined to continue.

Because one of two things will happen: I'll either win or I'll make myself ineligible because I'll sell too many books.

That's a good place to be.

For 2014, I have another 18 goals--different goals, for some of them, the same for the rest.  My emphasis will be on publishing more.

Which brings me to what I'm working on.  This week has been a little hectic.  I've been hammering away at Shadowkill, now into chapters 5-6 and beyond.  It's been a slow process so far, but if I still keep plugging away, it's gonna be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment