Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Make every minute count

Slice and dice your next 24 hours.  Or even your next 168.

Everyone has the same amount of time to accomplish what they need.  Rockets have been built, mountains have been climbed, diseases eradiated, great novels written, songs composed, paintings have been created . . . all within the same 168 hours in a week.

How are you spending yours?

My typical morning routine starts at 6:00am.  I get up, toss on some shorts and a shirt, and head downstairs where I write until 6:45am--by the time I get ready, I only have roughly 40 minutes or so, give or take.  Then, at 6:45 I get the kids up and ready for school.  If I'm lucky, they're out the door by 7:30am.  After that, it's back downstairs to write until roughly 8:30am.

All total, about an hour and a half of actual time allocated to writing.  I know this, and there's been times when I'm tempted to check out Facebook or Twitter or even Amazon to see what my book rankings are.

But those precious minutes wasted are minutes wasted not writing.

Be mindful of the little things that eat your time away.  Get them under control before they start controlling you . . . until you find yourself ten years older and still haven't accomlished your dreams.

What's your biggest time waster?  Please share and comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment