Friday, June 6, 2014

Happenings In The Outhouse 06-Jun-2014 / The Cancer Chronicles

On the morning of June 1st, an award-winning author passed away--one completely overshadowed by the passing of Maya Angelou.

Jay Lake, science ficiton author of more than ten novels and three hundred short stories, passed away after a long battle with cancer.  What's interesting about Jay's cancer fight is that he's chronicled it all the way--from his first diagnosis to his passing.  He never pulled back and always told it like it is.  His obituary can be found here. 

On the Killzone novel, book one of the Shadowkill trilogy, I currently have four chapters left to edit.  Once I'm done, I will make one more editing pass before uploading it to Amazon.

(And, of course, I'm sure you've heard all about the Amazon/Hachette debate going on.  Frankly, my friend, head on out to thriller author J. A. Konrath's blog for his insight onto it in terms of the indie publishing community.  In fact, if you're an indie author you should be following his blog anyway).

Also, this week, my novella Guest of Honor has now been uploaded into Smashwords and Kobo's book stores.  I already have two of my other shorter works on other sites besides Amazon.  Frankly, they haven't sold much at all--but I'm thinking long-term, so this doesn't bother me.  I'm just going to keep writing.  When I have links to these other sites, I'll share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment