Friday, July 18, 2014

Happenings In The Outhouse 18-July-2014 / Experimenting with free

I know, I know, a few months ago I discredited the whole "have a book free" or "have your first book in a series free" thing . . . and now I'm experimenting with it.

Call me a hypocrite if you want--okay I will then.

Actually, I want to see if it really works.

Currently, my novelette Guest Of Honor is available for free in the Amazon Kindle Store.  It's available on other platforms too, like Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, the iBooks store, and Kobo, also for free.

So far, as of today's date, I've sold over 100 free ebooks of Guest of Honor.  I'll let you know how well it translates into sales of the non-free books.

I'm working diligently on the sequel to Beholder's Eye.  I currently have over 8,000 words written.

I'm also putting together a short story collection, which will hopefully be ready to go by the end of the month.  My plan is to also have a "free" short story as a teaser, which will lead to the collection.

Lots of free stuff in the works.

Yes, I'm a hypocrite.

If you have any successes with offering "free" works, please share it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment