Friday, August 22, 2014

Happenings In The Outhouse 22-Aug-2014 / The end of KDP Select (for now)

A few weeks ago, I had a Kindle Countdown for both the US and UK markets on my new novel Killzone.

Sales were horrible.

I don't blame anyone.  I don't even blame Amazon.  Sure, I could've gone on this huge marketing spree, spending hundreds of dollars to advertise from here to the moon and beyond.  I didn't.  I am on a very limited budget.

That being said, I am ending my reign on the Amazon KDP Select.  I will be publishing both Beholder's Eye and Killzone on other platforms--I just need to let the 90 day periods run out first.  I am gaining a little traction on Barnes and Nobles NOOK store, the Apple iBooks store, Kobo, and Smashwords, and want to see how well these titles do there as well.

But, Mark, don't you get any borrows?  And what about the new Amazon Kindle Unlimited?

I'll take my chances.  If I see a lot of movement in the next few months, I'll reconsider.

For now, adios KDP Select.

No comments:

Post a Comment