Monday, November 17, 2014

Keep track of all sales (even if they're small)

I've been self-publishing since April 2012, and I've recently been going back through my Amazon sales reports (as well as Kobo's and Smashword's), and putting them all together.

"Mark, how many copies of Guest of Honor have you sold?"

A friend of mine asked me this a few weeks ago, and I honestly couldn't provide an answer.  I could only guess.

If you're going to treat your writing as a business, then you need to keep track of your sales.  Even if you only sell a handful, you still need to know what sells and where.

I've been putting together the data, tweaking the spreadsheet here and there when I think of what's being left out.  Each one will put one together differently.  There is no right or wrong way to do so, as long as you understand it.

Speaking of Guest of Honor, this novelette is currently free on all platforms.  One reviewer even called it "Hitchcock"-like (which I think is way cool!).  Click on this link for a list of retailers where Guest of Honor can be found.  And did I tell you it's free?

Yes, yes it is.  Pick it up today.

Shortly, I will be putting together some exclusive content for all newsletter subscribers.  Click on this link to subscribe to my newsletter, if you already haven't done so.

No comments:

Post a Comment