Friday, November 27, 2015

Be thankful of all reviews (even negative ones) / Happenings In The Outhouse 27-Nov-2015

Yesterday, in the United States at least, was the annual Thanksgiving holiday for 2015.

A month or so ago, I got a nasty 2-star review on one of my books.  I don't read much into negative reviews--in fact, most of the time I skim through them and then move on with my life.  Every single book worth its salt has a negative review out there, no matter if it was published today, yesterday, last year, or over a hundred years ago.  To prove it, here is my bad review on Bram Stoker's "Dracula."

Be thankful for reviews, even if they are negative.  This particular 2-star review didn't have much to say, although near the end the reviewer said the reason why they didn't give it a 1-star was because they liked the characters.  I felt good about that one and disagreed with the rest of it.  No harm, no foul.

I am thankful for anyone who reviews my books, good, bad, or otherwise.  You are not going to resonate with everyone.  That's okay.  Be thankful there are people who do.

Oh, by the way, this particular reviewer who gave me a 2-star review didn't seem to like very many books.  When I looked at other books, most were 1 and 2-star reviews.  And, no, I will not provide a link to the review.  I've moved on with my life and am still writing.

I am just thankful for being able to do what I love to do.

As a final note, I have some exciting news next week.  Stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment