Friday, November 6, 2015

Head down, keep working / Happenings In The Outhouse 06-Nov-2015

Roughly a year from now, there will be another major election in this country.  And, if you're like me, you may already be sick of all the debates and political swindling--from both sides of the aisle.

For those working to improve their craft and carve a name for yourself in the universe, I strongly encourage you to keep your head down and keep working.

It's easy to get sucked into the battering back-and-forth from this blowhard and that moronic imbecile.  In my Facebook news feed, I see all kinds of political banter.

What do I do?

I ignore it.  It's hard to do, and there are times I really want to argue with someone.  I'll even start commenting . . . and then I delete it.

While growing up, I spent a lot of time out at my grandparents' cabin.  Now, it wasn't a fancy cabin on the lake.  This was a little shack in the woods.  It had no running water and the only bathroom was an outhouse--reminiscent of the name of this blog, huh?  I loved it.

Along the walls of the outhouse were little plaques with sayings.  One of them was:
 
"Never argue with a fool,
For others will not know which is which."
 
 
We all know people who will always hate those politicians on the other side of the aisle.  You'll never change them.
 
So why even try?
 
Just keep you head down.  And keep working.

No comments:

Post a Comment