Friday, January 1, 2016

Down to the wire / Happenings In The Outhouse 01-Jan-2016

Happy New Years everyone!

I'll keep this one short today.  I've been working diligently on the third novel in the Central Division Series, and am very close to finishing it.  I have close to 60,000 words written, and everything is coming together nicely.

Once it's done, I'll read it through, do some editing (I'm certain of this, because I always mess up a little on the first draft), finish the cover . . . and then publish it.

Wait!  No agents!  No publishing companies!

Nope.  Publishing it myself like all of the others.  Then, I'll get cracking on the fourth novel in the series.  For now, I'm through with pursuing agents.

After the fourth novel, I'm taking a slight detour.  I've received several e-mails from readers, praising me on my novelette Guest of Honor.  I do love that book, the Hitchcock-like twists and turns.  But one request comes up more often than not: am I planning on doing a sequel?

The simple answer is YES!  Not a sequel, per se.  Well . . . let me explain: I am introducing a character in the third Central Division Series novel who I am using as a spin-off towards a new thriller series, one with the family from Guest of Honor.  I won't spoil anything at this point, simply because I haven't written anything yet.

Yet.

But soon it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment