Friday, October 14, 2016

Writing is fun / Happenings In The Outhouse 14-Oct-2016

Last week, I blogged about how I thought writers block was an excuse for being lazy.

I closed with the notion that writing is fun.

It is.  For me.  If you're not having fun, don't do it.  Do something that you do enjoy.  Woodworking?  Painting?  Working on an old car?  Collecting Star Wars toys?  Volunteering at the local animal shelter?

It's not all about money, but trust me when I say money is nice to have.  Try going without and you appreciate having it.

This is why I love indie publishing.  I can write what I want.  I have four novels in a thriller series, and, instead of working on the fifth book, I published a Halloween-themed novelette titled Grave Secrets and I'm roughly 16,000 words into a Christmas-themed family drama novel.

Afterwards, I'm going to finish the Shadowkill trilogy.  I wrote the first book a few years ago, and I want to close out the series when it appears that the genre is starting to get hot.

In the end, writing is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment