Friday, May 19, 2017

Busy Times, Yet I Still Have Time To Write / Happenings In The Outhouse 19-May-2017

The past month has been extremely busy.  Two weeks ago, I had a daughter who got confirmed at the Lutheran church were we attend, then another daughter had her first communion the Sunday after, and now, on the 26th of this month, our son graduates from high school.

To top it all off, we are going on a 10-day trip to Tennessee, to visit some of my wife's family, less than a week after graduation.

Yet, even given all this chaos, I still have the time to write.  Most of the time.  Let's us be honest, there have been a few days where I have not written a single word, but other days I've made up for it.  And these events I just listed (from confirmation to graduation) doesn't even count for all of my time.  There are plenty that I am busy with, from yard work, cooking, cleaning, being a Dad and a husband, and . . . the list goes on and on.

Storming The Hill, the third book in the Shadowkill trilogy, is around the 50,000-word mark.  I am slowly nearing the end.  I have been averaging 850 words a day.  Depending on any interruptions, I have cranked out 500 to 700 words in a thirty to forty-five minute stretch.  A few Sundays ago--this was probably the day of our daughter's confirmation--I topped 3,000!  My personal goal is to finish the first draft by graduation.

#crossingmyfingers

I will not say that I'm a master at time management, but I do the best I can.  I also know my limitations when it comes to my health.  If I'm utterly exhausted, I'll either take a nap or go to bed.  Even if it's one of those haven't-written-a-word day.

No comments:

Post a Comment