Friday, December 29, 2017

Exciting times for 2018 and beyond / Happenings In The Outhouse 29-Dec-2017


I am excited to see what the next few years will bring for my writing.

When it comes to goals, some meticulously chart out what stories are being written for any given week or month.

I don't do this.  For the simple fact that new story ideas crop up all the time, and if it feels right I'll go ahead and write it.  2017 was the perfect example of this.  The novelette Bruce, which was originally conceived as a short story, was written pretty much on a whim.  In my list of stories I wanted to publish over these past two years, Bruce wasn't one of them.  But when the idea came to me to finally publish it, I did.

At the moment, I have 27 published works: two are free on my website and the others are found here on my books page.  One of these is a trilogy collection, but I still count it as a published work.

So, it begs the question, what's up for 2018 and beyond . . . ?

First off, I am in the works of completing the edits for Strange Birth, the first in a superhero trilogy.  I will be putting books two and three on hold--don't worry, it's only for a short bit--while I work on an immediate sequel to my thriller Beholder's Eye.  Then, I have a horror novel that was written over twenty years ago, and I am going through it now, mapping out the scenes, and will be completely rewriting it.

After that, I have four major projects--the reason I am putting the last two books in the superhero trilogy on temporary hold--in the works: a semi-cozy mystery series, a vigilante thriller series based on the family in Guest of Honor, a baseball-themed YA book, and a romance book.

Exciting times, to be sure.

Stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment